Co-curricular activities are an essential part of learning at St Joseph's School, Tara and help enhance the experiences that take place inside the classroom.
Through these activities, students meet new friends across all year levels, learn to work in a team and learn new skills in arts, sporting and cultural opportunities which also aids in their personal and emotional development.
Co-curricular activities include
- leadership camps for Years 3 - 6
- annual camps and retreats for all year levels
- Lego Masters Challenge
- book week parade
- St Joseph’s and Small Schools speaking competition
- singing and dancing workshops
- hot shots tennis program, gymnastics, softball and mini-Olympics
- qualified swim fit coaches in Terms 1 and 4
- athletics training sessions in Terms 2 and 3
- swimming, athletics, cross country and ball game carnivals
- excursions, in school visits and visiting cultural performances
- under 6 learn and play days
- Prep and Year 3 transition days
- regular Little Joey’s sessions for pre-Prep students
- St Joseph’s, Tara and district, south west regional and state opportunities for all sports
- Indigenous history and culture workshops
- Mathematics, Science and English competitions
- St Joseph’s speaking competition.